The total budget allocated for the call € 5,000
With the aim of promoting research in the field of urban history and collaboration interdisciplinary, international and intersectoral among scholars, AISU to celebrate 20 years of activities launches an AISU NETWORKING call to promote initiatives to aim to create: new research opportunities; dissemination of research and support to recognition of the urban heritage; exchange of experiences and interdisciplinary collaboration, international and intersectoral.
It invites members to submit proposals to build initiatives with the Board of Directors and to solicit interested members and experts around the issues identified during 2021.
Eligibility and eligibility conditions
The collaborative activities proposed by the projects may concern: 1. forms of an interdisciplinary and international meeting, exchange, and cooperation; 2. forms of collaboration and interdisciplinary and intersectoral meetings aimed at initiating processes of identification, improvement of understanding and discussion of history, memory and urban heritage (LINE A); proposals for webinars, on topics transversal to research doctorates, by doctoral students (LINE B). The activities will be scheduled remotely. Further activities in the presence could be foreseen only in conjunction with the events on the basis of developments in the current situation.
Contents and activities must be part of the AISU missions.
The projects must include the AISU contribution as a co-financing of expenses. Requests for grants must be submitted by at least three members duly registered with the Association at the deadline of the call for applications affiliated to various universities or other bodies and institutions.
Funded proposals must be launched within three months from the date of approval by the AISU Steering Committee, and the funded activities must take place by 2021.
The winners must submit a final draft of the budget. The winners undertake to communicate the activity as an AISU NETWORKING activity, build the initiative as an AISU activity in collaboration with the AISU Steering Committee, and prepare materials for the AISU website.
The deadline for submitting proposals is November 30, 2020. Publication of the winners December 15, 2020.
A second deadline is set for January 31, 2021, for proposals to be implemented in the second half of 2021.
Methods for submitting proposals
The proposals (6000 characters)
3. Keywords (max 5)
4. Line of Proposal (A or B)
5. Proponents and their affiliations
6. Other researchers involved
7. Other universities, institutions, bodies involved
8. Abstract (500 characters)
9. Objectives of the project
10. Interdisciplinary and / or intersectoral methodology
11. Intended international and / or intersectoral activities and timing
12. Expected impacts
13. Organization of the project team
14. Budget forecast in summary form and co-financing requested from AISU.
Selection of proposals
1. the innovative aspects will be considered qualifying; 2. the participation of several active members belonging to several national and international universities, to institutions, cultural bodies, and other public and private interlocutors; 3. the possibility of a development and consolidation of the network over time; 4. the significance of the cultural impact and an impact for the AISU. The AISU steering committee will select the initiatives worthy of contribution through a peer review system, based on the following parameters:
1. Scientific quality and originality of the proposal, also in relation to disciplinary relevance in the context of urban history studies.
2. Geographical / international radiation and planned activities.
3. Interdisciplinary and international and / intersectoral openness.
4. Innovative nature of the project and its potential to involve subjects / cities / countries poorly or not represented in the AISU or strategic for a consolidation of previous relationships.
5. Curriculum vitae of the candidates.
6. Extent and quality of co-financing.
7. Coherence of expected costs based on planned activities.
8. Scientific quality of the proposed scientific committee.
The proposals can be submitted in Italian, English, French and Spanish.
Proposals must be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com
Subject of the email: AISU NETWORKING 2020
Contribution of AISU
Depending on the case, the AISU contribution will consist of one or more of the following awards:
2. Co-financing of variable amounts (up to a maximum of € 2,500).
3. Dedicated space on the Association's website.