The Ing. Lino Gentilini Foundation, in collaboration with the University of Trento, announces 2 prizes (of € 750 for master's thesis and € 1,500 for doctoral thesis) for graduates and PhDs who have obtained the degree at an Italian University and have discussed the master's degree or doctorate thesis in the academic year 2019/2020.
It is possible to compete with a master's or doctoral degree thesis, which falls into the following subjects and areas of investigation:
- history of technology and engineering;
- structural engineering development;
- history of transport and traffic engineering;
- economic history;
- business history;
- social history;
- history of work and business organization;
- development and applications of new materials in the fields of construction, building works and road infrastructures;
- timely investigations on particular engineering works;
- studies on infrastructural, territorial, urban development, on the environmental and landscape context;
- history of information technology applied to design.
Particularly appreciated will be the works of an interdisciplinary nature that are able to investigate the objects of study from different perspectives and in a humanistic frame, with adequate awareness of the historical, social and cultural context, also and above all in a comparative and critical dimension. Contributions must also propose a correct (also from the point of view of citations) and, as far as possible vast, empirical, documentary, bibliographic and archival equipment.
The deadline for submitting applications is April 30, 2021.
Below is the link of the University of Trento: